So we went to Trivia last night (as usual on a Monday night) and we placed 3rd with 39 points...THIRTY-NINE POINTS!!! And we were still 3rd (out of 4 teams)
Our trivia host (or TJ as they call themselves) Toby wrote the questions for last night. He did a decent job but one question wasn't specific enough imho.
So, the questions last night were:
1. movies - what kind of car was used as the time machine in Back to the Future?
2. schools - which of these is NOT a member of the Ivy League?
University of Pennsylvania
Massechusetts Institute of Technology
3. geography - What is the tallest mountain NOT in a mountain range?
4. games - How many numbered squares are there on a traditional Bingo card?
5. sports - Who holds the record for most home runs in a World Series?
6. movie quotes - What movie is this quote from:
"They said it was a million dollar wound, but the army must keep that money 'cause I still haven't seen a nickel of that million dollars."
7. music lyrics - What is the name of the song that contains these lyrics?
"did i ask too much
more than alot
you gave me nothing
and that's all I got"
8. history - Who was JFK's Attorney General?
9. business - How much was a McDonald's hamburger when they first opened in 1946?
Match these people with their original names:
Axel Rose Vincent Fournier
Jamie Foxx William Bailey
Jon Stewart Jon Liebowitz
Alice Cooper Eric Morland Bishop
10 was the Miller Beer question .... you get the answer on their website each week for a quick 6 points (they're sponsered by Miller Beer) The answer was Spuds MacKenzie ... I forget the question.
11. movies - What was Michael Douglas's character's name in Wall Street?
12. sports - This Yankee had 1,710 strike-outs in his career.
13. travel - Where will your luggage end up if it has the luggage tag BWI?
14. movies - What do Barbara Streisand, Dustin Hoffman and Robin Williams have in common?
15. video games - What year did Pac Man video games hit the US arcades?
16. movies - What show did E.T. watch to learn English?
17. books - When this encyclopedia came out in 1771 it listed California as "a large country of the west indies".
18 - geography - Name 1 of the 2 U.S. states that border the most other states?
What are these Seinfeld characters' occupations?
answers: (highlight to see them)
5. Reggie Jackson
6. Forrest Gump
7. One by U2
8. Robert Kennedy
9. 15 cents
axel Rose - William Bailey
Jamie Foxx - EricMorland Bishop
Jon Stewart - jon Liebowisz
Alice Cooper - Vincent Fournier
10. Spuds MacKenzie
11. Gordon Gekko
12. Mickey Mantle
13. Baltimore/Washinton International Airport
14. They all crossdressed in movies (Yentl, Tootsie, Mrs. Doubtfire)
16. Sesame Street
18. Missouri or Tennessee (each borders 8 states)
Newman - postman
Poppy - chef/restaurant owner
Tim Whatley - doctor
Jackie Chiles - lawyer