Pages

1/9/09

yay for google!!!!

so i randomly decided to try and google an old friend of mine from my college years. 

He was a DJ on a local radio station and we met cuz I called him one night when i was in college asking about an alternate version of the song "Voices That Care" - my roommate didn't believe me there was more than 1 version. He got excited cuz he was the only one that played it (so i must have been listening to him on the overnight) and he played it for me (I still prefer that version to the one that was overplayed on the radio)

That began alot of me calling him and chatting during his downtime - mostly at night at first when I was awake and no one else was - I called on the weekends and did those cheesy "i just LOVE xxxFM" promos for him - We were supposed to meet up before I went back home to Michigan but we never did. We did exchange addresses tho and kept in touch thru snail mail. And the occassional fax when we were both bored at work. I'm pretty sure if i looked hard enough I could find most of those. (remember this is pre interwebz for us - faxes and snail mail were pretty much all we had)

Anyway, when my life got crazy and I lost touch with pretty much everyone, I lost touch with him. It made me so sad. Every once in awhile I would try to find him via the interwebz to no avail.

But fast forward to today when I punched his name into my google search engine page with the qualifier "DJ" and up popped a link to a radio station with a picture that looked alot like the picture I had of him - only he was a little older. So i crossed my fingers and used the "email xxx" link to contact him - and shortly thereafter I received a reply that it indeed was my long lost friend!!!!!

I'm still in shock! I always wondered what happened to him! 

So he's on the air tomorrow afternoon and I'm totally gonna spend that time listening to him and going into a reminiscent fog i'm sure.

*sigh*

Labels

blog365 (347) pictures (190) crafts (81) NaBloPoMo (50) pics (48) karaoke (44) football (29) youtube (28) crochet (21) joel (20) TWITTER RECAP (19) Joe Lansdale (15) list (15) singsnap (15) magikjaz (12) bottlecaps (11) chainmaille (11) movies (11) trivia (10) quiz (9) video (7) Detroit Lions (6) Detroit Tigers (6) cats (6) Dancing with the stars (5) Red Wings (5) etsy (5) meme (4) Audio blog (3) PTK (3) TV (3) Thanksgiving (3) Velisia (3) food (3) jazblopomo (3) kaguya (3) music (3) myspace (3) tim curry (3) Ava (2) BC (2) Grease (2) NAIAS (2) Salem (2) Spirit of Detroit (2) american Idol (2) banshee (2) beer (2) concert (2) detroit red wings (2) dreams (2) funny (2) jewelry (2) kevin (2) mozart (2) oscars (2) poetry (2) police (2) puters (2) sick (2) singing (2) stanley cup (2) t'hy'la (2) tenacious D (2) utterz (2) wedding (2) wordpress (2) DST (1) Detroit (1) Detroit Pistons (1) Jose (1) Lindsey Lohan (1) Mama (1) Maya Angelou (1) NKOTB (1) NOLA (1) NWA (1) NYC (1) QVC (1) RUSH (1) Tigers (1) Toy Box (1) american band (1) art (1) bday (1) blogger play (1) camera (1) car (1) chicano (1) china (1) dally in the alley (1) depression (1) edward james olmos (1) facebook (1) family (1) fish (1) flock (1) fug (1) funny or die (1) gaiaonine (1) gofugyourself (1) guya (1) halcyontears (1) haunted (1) high school (1) jeopardy (1) jerry o'connell (1) jersey (1) july (1) kohana (1) laptop (1) latino (1) left handers day (1) link (1) menewsha (1) mexican (1) mischa barton (1) mobile (1) mobile blog (1) murder (1) neopets (1) news (1) party (1) phenomenal (1) photobucket (1) picture (1) plane crash (1) politics (1) poll (1) problems (1) pt cruiser (1) rainbow (1) recipe (1) show (1) smartcar (1) snopes (1) star trek (1) star wars (1) stolen (1) super secret blog project (1) sushi (1) test (1) the bloggess (1) toy (1) u of m (1) ugly betty (1) websites (1) williamson (1) work (1) zantarni (1) zombies (1)