Pages

1/10/09

Sometimes ....

Sometimes I totally feel like I'm 16 (or so) again. 

Myspace and Facebook are such a blessing, but they are also a curse. Cuz I'm starting to feel like I'm not part of the cool kids again. And at 36 I shouldn't have these emotions running thru my head and my heart. But I do. And altho i can usually deal with it, sometimes it's kind of overwhelming.

It's really amazing to see everything my friends have done in the almost 20 years(!) since high school. And altho I'm so happy with my life right now, part of me gets sad thinking I totally was one of those people that peaked in high school.

I don't say this to make people feel sorry for me or anything. This is just how I feel.

Things really came to a head when i visited an old friend a couple weeks back. She's in such a great place right now and working towards her PhD. The other friend who was with me is working towards taking his MCat and going to Med School. And me? I only had 1 year of college, I don't work outside the home, and I don't even have a driver's license.

And did i mention I have crappy teeth and have gained way too much weight since we left high school?

I felt this way around the 10 year reunion too. I almost didn't go cuz I knew I was going to run into people who were doing so much better than I. At that time Iwas living in the same town we graduated from and hosting karaoke.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll get over this hump. But right now I'm just feeling like I wasted my life and it's not a good feeling. And oh yea! I'm totally not one of the cool kids.

Labels

blog365 (347) pictures (190) crafts (81) NaBloPoMo (50) pics (48) karaoke (44) football (29) youtube (28) crochet (21) joel (20) TWITTER RECAP (19) Joe Lansdale (15) list (15) singsnap (15) magikjaz (12) bottlecaps (11) chainmaille (11) movies (11) trivia (10) quiz (9) video (7) Detroit Lions (6) Detroit Tigers (6) cats (6) Dancing with the stars (5) Red Wings (5) etsy (5) meme (4) Audio blog (3) PTK (3) TV (3) Thanksgiving (3) Velisia (3) food (3) jazblopomo (3) kaguya (3) music (3) myspace (3) tim curry (3) Ava (2) BC (2) Grease (2) NAIAS (2) Salem (2) Spirit of Detroit (2) american Idol (2) banshee (2) beer (2) concert (2) detroit red wings (2) dreams (2) funny (2) jewelry (2) kevin (2) mozart (2) oscars (2) poetry (2) police (2) puters (2) sick (2) singing (2) stanley cup (2) t'hy'la (2) tenacious D (2) utterz (2) wedding (2) wordpress (2) DST (1) Detroit (1) Detroit Pistons (1) Jose (1) Lindsey Lohan (1) Mama (1) Maya Angelou (1) NKOTB (1) NOLA (1) NWA (1) NYC (1) QVC (1) RUSH (1) Tigers (1) Toy Box (1) american band (1) art (1) bday (1) blogger play (1) camera (1) car (1) chicano (1) china (1) dally in the alley (1) depression (1) edward james olmos (1) facebook (1) family (1) fish (1) flock (1) fug (1) funny or die (1) gaiaonine (1) gofugyourself (1) guya (1) halcyontears (1) haunted (1) high school (1) jeopardy (1) jerry o'connell (1) jersey (1) july (1) kohana (1) laptop (1) latino (1) left handers day (1) link (1) menewsha (1) mexican (1) mischa barton (1) mobile (1) mobile blog (1) murder (1) neopets (1) news (1) party (1) phenomenal (1) photobucket (1) picture (1) plane crash (1) politics (1) poll (1) problems (1) pt cruiser (1) rainbow (1) recipe (1) show (1) smartcar (1) snopes (1) star trek (1) star wars (1) stolen (1) super secret blog project (1) sushi (1) test (1) the bloggess (1) toy (1) u of m (1) ugly betty (1) websites (1) williamson (1) work (1) zantarni (1) zombies (1)