Pages

1/17/09

etsy update

Remember the message I got stating that my rainbow scarf should be taken down cuz it was too similar to an established seller's "signature item"?

Well I finally received a reply from the actual seller (still haven't received a reply from the person who initially accused me of stealing)

Her words:

I am sad to see that you trashed me on your blog before I even responded. 

Best of luck.
16 January 2009 8:55am EDT

My Response

i in no way trashed YOU on my blog - i didn't even trash teh person who sent me the original request that i remove something i worked so hard on - I simply stated how our products were different and that I refused to take mine down. How is that trashing you?

if you feel that I did, I apologize.
16 January 2009 2:43pm EDT


Her response to that:

I believe it was an unprofessional thing to do. Please don't contact me again.
16 January 2009 9:49pm EDT



So I haven't responded to her - and it's not worth the hassle I'll prolly get to ever respond to her.

But here's what get's me - I'm unprofessional?  someone who prides themselves on being professional shouldn't wait almost 2 weeks before addressing a situation - especially if it's in regards to their business.

I don't know this person. She may be awesome to know. And I completely admire her work that I've seen on etsy. And I wish her all the best. But she obviously didn't even bother to read my blog regarding the situation, or my original conversation sent to her on etsy, or she wouldnt' have insulted me the way she did.

This is fine tho. I'll sell my stuff and continue to not interact with the "community" of etsy. Cuz frankly I don't need drama of any kind. I'm just trying to make a buck and share my talent with people who appreciate it.

So dear etsy member, if you read this, I wish you had handled this differently. And I'm sorry that me airing my personal grievance offended you. But that is who I am. I will respect your wishes and never contact you again, and I ask that you do the same. And perhaps we can co-exist peacefully - which is what I intended all along.

Labels

blog365 (347) pictures (190) crafts (81) NaBloPoMo (50) pics (48) karaoke (44) football (29) youtube (28) crochet (21) joel (20) TWITTER RECAP (19) Joe Lansdale (15) list (15) singsnap (15) magikjaz (12) bottlecaps (11) chainmaille (11) movies (11) trivia (10) quiz (9) video (7) Detroit Lions (6) Detroit Tigers (6) cats (6) Dancing with the stars (5) Red Wings (5) etsy (5) meme (4) Audio blog (3) PTK (3) TV (3) Thanksgiving (3) Velisia (3) food (3) jazblopomo (3) kaguya (3) music (3) myspace (3) tim curry (3) Ava (2) BC (2) Grease (2) NAIAS (2) Salem (2) Spirit of Detroit (2) american Idol (2) banshee (2) beer (2) concert (2) detroit red wings (2) dreams (2) funny (2) jewelry (2) kevin (2) mozart (2) oscars (2) poetry (2) police (2) puters (2) sick (2) singing (2) stanley cup (2) t'hy'la (2) tenacious D (2) utterz (2) wedding (2) wordpress (2) DST (1) Detroit (1) Detroit Pistons (1) Jose (1) Lindsey Lohan (1) Mama (1) Maya Angelou (1) NKOTB (1) NOLA (1) NWA (1) NYC (1) QVC (1) RUSH (1) Tigers (1) Toy Box (1) american band (1) art (1) bday (1) blogger play (1) camera (1) car (1) chicano (1) china (1) dally in the alley (1) depression (1) edward james olmos (1) facebook (1) family (1) fish (1) flock (1) fug (1) funny or die (1) gaiaonine (1) gofugyourself (1) guya (1) halcyontears (1) haunted (1) high school (1) jeopardy (1) jerry o'connell (1) jersey (1) july (1) kohana (1) laptop (1) latino (1) left handers day (1) link (1) menewsha (1) mexican (1) mischa barton (1) mobile (1) mobile blog (1) murder (1) neopets (1) news (1) party (1) phenomenal (1) photobucket (1) picture (1) plane crash (1) politics (1) poll (1) problems (1) pt cruiser (1) rainbow (1) recipe (1) show (1) smartcar (1) snopes (1) star trek (1) star wars (1) stolen (1) super secret blog project (1) sushi (1) test (1) the bloggess (1) toy (1) u of m (1) ugly betty (1) websites (1) williamson (1) work (1) zantarni (1) zombies (1)