Pages

1/2/09

I am pissed

why you ask? cuz I just received a convo on etsy basically accusing me of stealing someone else's rainbow scarf crochet design and asking me to not list it.

The person who's scarf is similar didn't convo me - some random person did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

from xxxxxxxxxxxx






Hello, how are you? :)

You may not have seen it before, there is an established seller here who already sells a very similar design and color scheme scarf. Her shop name ishttp://electricbluebird.etsy.com/ and the scarf that she's been offering and selling for quite a while now (she joined Etsy April 2007 and sold her first scarf here like this June 2008) as one of her signature items is:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=18777481 

I'm not sure what to suggest doing at this point. I'm sure that your intentions were innocent & that you didn't mean to step on any toes. I hate to ask...would you consider either removing or not renewing/relisting the item, at least on this site (etsy)? Or changing the design so it's not so much like Merrill's? I thought it was her scarf at first, so there are branding concerns. Please let me know what you think!

Happy New Year,
xxxxxxx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so i not only replied to her stating that I did not in fact steal this person's "signature" item and that I refuse to take it down.

I also sent a convo to the person she was referring to telling her what happened. 

and for the record i am offended. I was so proud of myself for making this specific item. It came out of my own head and was made with love for my friend fruit for her bday for Oct 2007. of course i didn't finish it until after xmas but that's beside the point lol.

And besides, the scarf that i supposedly copied isn't anything like mine. Her's is a 2 sided rainbow using 1 strand of yarn throughout and it's 8 feet long! Mine is using 2 strands (RR, RO, OO, OY, YY, YG, GG, GB, BB, BP, PP) throughout and it's only 6 feet long.

I'm beyond pissed!!!

I understand looking out for a fellow etsian, but honestly!!!

And I let both of them know, i even searched for rainbow crocheted scarves on etsy before I decided to list it and found nothing even remotely close to it. I did the same thing before I listed the skull scarf and the piano key scarf as well.

and if i back down (which i'm not) what about other items? so I can't list coffee cup cozies cuz someone else who is "established" made them before me? the patterns not that frigging hard. Or i can't list dishcloths? I mean seriously!!!

So anyway, we'll see what happens. I just had to vent.

Labels

blog365 (347) pictures (190) crafts (81) NaBloPoMo (50) pics (48) karaoke (44) football (29) youtube (28) crochet (21) joel (20) TWITTER RECAP (19) Joe Lansdale (15) list (15) singsnap (15) magikjaz (12) bottlecaps (11) chainmaille (11) movies (11) trivia (10) quiz (9) video (7) Detroit Lions (6) Detroit Tigers (6) cats (6) Dancing with the stars (5) Red Wings (5) etsy (5) meme (4) Audio blog (3) PTK (3) TV (3) Thanksgiving (3) Velisia (3) food (3) jazblopomo (3) kaguya (3) music (3) myspace (3) tim curry (3) Ava (2) BC (2) Grease (2) NAIAS (2) Salem (2) Spirit of Detroit (2) american Idol (2) banshee (2) beer (2) concert (2) detroit red wings (2) dreams (2) funny (2) jewelry (2) kevin (2) mozart (2) oscars (2) poetry (2) police (2) puters (2) sick (2) singing (2) stanley cup (2) t'hy'la (2) tenacious D (2) utterz (2) wedding (2) wordpress (2) DST (1) Detroit (1) Detroit Pistons (1) Jose (1) Lindsey Lohan (1) Mama (1) Maya Angelou (1) NKOTB (1) NOLA (1) NWA (1) NYC (1) QVC (1) RUSH (1) Tigers (1) Toy Box (1) american band (1) art (1) bday (1) blogger play (1) camera (1) car (1) chicano (1) china (1) dally in the alley (1) depression (1) edward james olmos (1) facebook (1) family (1) fish (1) flock (1) fug (1) funny or die (1) gaiaonine (1) gofugyourself (1) guya (1) halcyontears (1) haunted (1) high school (1) jeopardy (1) jerry o'connell (1) jersey (1) july (1) kohana (1) laptop (1) latino (1) left handers day (1) link (1) menewsha (1) mexican (1) mischa barton (1) mobile (1) mobile blog (1) murder (1) neopets (1) news (1) party (1) phenomenal (1) photobucket (1) picture (1) plane crash (1) politics (1) poll (1) problems (1) pt cruiser (1) rainbow (1) recipe (1) show (1) smartcar (1) snopes (1) star trek (1) star wars (1) stolen (1) super secret blog project (1) sushi (1) test (1) the bloggess (1) toy (1) u of m (1) ugly betty (1) websites (1) williamson (1) work (1) zantarni (1) zombies (1)