Pages

10/7/08

How I spent my Sunday (or why do I even care anymore)

Late Saturday nght I received a phone call from my mom asking us what we were up to on Sunday. I told her that hubby had to work early, but that he would be home prolly in time for the game. That's when she told me she had tickets for the Lions vs. the Bears game on Sunday. And they were ours!!! SQUEE!!!!

I woke up bright and early Sunday and got dressed in my Hanson jersey. Mom dropped the tickets off around noon (with some timbits and a hazelnut iced cappuccino) before she went to work and hubby got home around 12:45pm and we raced to get downtown.

I was so excited! This was the first game in the post-Millen era, which kinda meant that Marinelli and the gang had something to prove. That they weren't part of the problem. Plus it was against the Chicago Bears. As much as I love the city, I hate their sports teams (except the Cubbies)

We parked at Greektown and walked to Ford Field. Made it to our seats just after the 2nd quarter began. That's when the trouble began.

I looked around us and there seemed to be more Chicago jerseys around us than Detroit. There were even people with signs rooting for Chicago and they weren't being taunted!

I'm not talking about being mean or anything, just booing someone when they hold up a sign. Or booing a good Chicago play. Or even cheering a decent Lions play!

It was like we were IN CHICAGO! People around me seemed afraid to cheer for the Lions. I actually had to start a cheer for the defense. And when I did, people looked at me like I was crazy!

I should let you know that I know that we suck. I'm not blind. We were 0-3 going into this game. And we had miracle last minute sell outs (courtesy of Gardner White Furniture) in order to not be blacked-out. But they are still my team and I still want to cheer them on as best I can. AND WE'RE AT HOME!!! I shouldn't be ashamed or scared to cheer for my team in their house!!

When halftime hit, hubby and I went outside for a smoke break and were immediately surrounded by Chicago jerseys. We forgot a lighter. We had to search for a Lions fan to ask for one (cuz hubby refused to ask a Chicago fan)

Many people around us didn't come back to their seats after halftime. Which meant that more Chicago fans moved closer to the field and thusly surrounded us.

The game itself sucked. If there was a mistake that could be made on the field, we made it. Players weren't even running the correct routes. Players were jumping off sides, causing massive penalties. And of course John Kitna being....well....John Kitna. And can I mention Roy "what the hell is he doing" Williams? I mean seriously! Own your fucking mistakes! Run the fucking routes. Play like you're part of a team and shut the hell up. You are no Randy Moss or T.O. or even Chad Johnson. You are an embarrassment that we need to lose just as quickly as we need to lose Kitna.

Finally in the 3rd quarter Devon Hester fumbled on a punt return! Which allowed hubby to chant loudly "CHICAGO SUCKS! CHICAGO SUCKS!" Which caused alot of people to turn and stare at us but I didn't care.

I should also mention the chick and her bf a few rows ahead of us wearing Hester jerseys that were obnoxiously dancing everytime Chicago made a first down or a sack or whatever. The whole game I wanted to chuck peanuts at their head. When hubby started chanting they turned around like "what the fuck"

UMMMM ... HELLO!!!! You're not in CHICAGO!!! This is DETROIT!!!!

So anyway, we lost. pathetically. Even putting Orlovsky in didn't help us at all. But hubby and I stayed until the end. Mostly cuz of all the orange and blue around us. We wanted to at least represent.

After the shuttle back to Greektown and some waiting in the parking structure, we made it onto the highway to head back home. Big traffic jam. Suddenly police cars came flying up from behind us with their lights flashing and sirens blaring. They stopped slightly ahead of us blocking traffic and I think "Great....accident."

Nope. Not an accident.

The cops were stopping traffic so that the CHICAGO BUSSES could come thru without having to wait for traffic like us normal DETROIT people!

Talk about insult to injury.

Labels

blog365 (347) pictures (190) crafts (81) NaBloPoMo (50) pics (48) karaoke (44) football (29) youtube (28) crochet (21) joel (20) TWITTER RECAP (19) Joe Lansdale (15) list (15) singsnap (15) magikjaz (12) bottlecaps (11) chainmaille (11) movies (11) trivia (10) quiz (9) video (7) Detroit Lions (6) Detroit Tigers (6) cats (6) Dancing with the stars (5) Red Wings (5) etsy (5) meme (4) Audio blog (3) PTK (3) TV (3) Thanksgiving (3) Velisia (3) food (3) jazblopomo (3) kaguya (3) music (3) myspace (3) tim curry (3) Ava (2) BC (2) Grease (2) NAIAS (2) Salem (2) Spirit of Detroit (2) american Idol (2) banshee (2) beer (2) concert (2) detroit red wings (2) dreams (2) funny (2) jewelry (2) kevin (2) mozart (2) oscars (2) poetry (2) police (2) puters (2) sick (2) singing (2) stanley cup (2) t'hy'la (2) tenacious D (2) utterz (2) wedding (2) wordpress (2) DST (1) Detroit (1) Detroit Pistons (1) Jose (1) Lindsey Lohan (1) Mama (1) Maya Angelou (1) NKOTB (1) NOLA (1) NWA (1) NYC (1) QVC (1) RUSH (1) Tigers (1) Toy Box (1) american band (1) art (1) bday (1) blogger play (1) camera (1) car (1) chicano (1) china (1) dally in the alley (1) depression (1) edward james olmos (1) facebook (1) family (1) fish (1) flock (1) fug (1) funny or die (1) gaiaonine (1) gofugyourself (1) guya (1) halcyontears (1) haunted (1) high school (1) jeopardy (1) jerry o'connell (1) jersey (1) july (1) kohana (1) laptop (1) latino (1) left handers day (1) link (1) menewsha (1) mexican (1) mischa barton (1) mobile (1) mobile blog (1) murder (1) neopets (1) news (1) party (1) phenomenal (1) photobucket (1) picture (1) plane crash (1) politics (1) poll (1) problems (1) pt cruiser (1) rainbow (1) recipe (1) show (1) smartcar (1) snopes (1) star trek (1) star wars (1) stolen (1) super secret blog project (1) sushi (1) test (1) the bloggess (1) toy (1) u of m (1) ugly betty (1) websites (1) williamson (1) work (1) zantarni (1) zombies (1)