Pages

8/20/08

Living in a Horror Movie (and other stuffs)

I feel like all i've been doing is snapping quick pictars and sending them to blogger to be able to still qualify for blog365 cuz I've been so darn busy! And I don't even have a damn job!!!

Saturday I spent most of my day making Miller bottle cap jewelries. I made a few pendants, some earrings, bracelets and anklets. I plan on putting them on the etsy site in the next day or 2. (i really have to finish up my afghan that was supposed to be done a couple weeks ago...but my customer is cool and said as long as she has it before August 30th we're cool)

Here's a crappy cell phone pictar of a MGD earring



Sunday was the mytrivialive fund raiser for the Rainbow Connection (which is like the Make a Wish foundation but for Michigan kids only

(Rainbow Connection website)

They let me put up a table (last minute notice) to sell Miller inspired jewelries (*points to crappy earring pictar above*) and a portion of the proceeds went to the Rainbow Connection. I also brought a few resin bottle caps (made sure to weed out the non-miller ones) which actually sold very well...as keychains!!! So I'm gonna make sure I have a supply of ball chain and connectors for the next show we do (which should be the Dally in the Alley in Sept.)

My mom came up to hang with me and once trivia started we left and went to her house to watch the Lions v. Bengals football game. My sister and her hubby were in town for a few days for her 10 year reunion and visiting. That was fun! I miss her. I wish she lived closer. And I wish I could have spent more than just a few hours with her on her trip. She always packs so much in to do. It was cool tho. We chatted, Lions won, had some adult beverages. all was cool.

(While I was doing the fundraiser, hubby went to visit his parents. Apparently his dad isn't doing too well. He has Alzheimer's (which he's been diagnosed for 18 years! They just told hubby and his brothers a couple years ago. Which explains why he was deteriorating "so fast") and he's not eating or taking meds. And with hubby's mom being sick as she is it's taking a big toll on everyone)

OH! got the Rosary that banshee made for my mom for her bday! I can't wait to get the pictar of it from my sister (forgot my camera on Sunday) cuz it was spectacular! And my mother LOVED that it had a Padre Pio shield on it. (Padre Pio is her favorite) Altho she found it amusing and ironic that I got her a rosary for her bday. ^_^

When we left my mom's Sunday night we stopped at the Box for a quick adult beverage before heading home. While we were there, the power went out. Thankfully they have the emergency lighting, but when they went outside to check if they had power across the street the entire city was black. Standing on 6 mile as far as you could see both ways it was pitch black! Someone said before we left that it was a 10 mile square outage. The entire city of Redford was black as was a decent portion of Detroit.

Which wouldn't have been so bad but my mind started freaking out. Too many horror movies. I was just waiting for the zombies to start pounding on the doors.

We made it home, called DTE to report the outage and less than 2 hours later the power was back on (WHEW!) Funny thing: we had so many candles lit oin our house that people driving by were slowing down cuz they thought we had power lol.

I did get to finish "the Subtle Knife" while waiting for power to come back on. Loved it. Can't wait to get the 3rd book!

Monday was supposed to be trivia but it ended up cancelled when we got there. It turned out decent tho cuz I got to take pictars of da banshee's awesome jewelry and visited with one ill before she leaves for the east coast.

I did get to finish my bud light anklets for the order (which I needed to deliver Monday evening anyway) and I also made an adorable Corona bracelet



Which i also listed on etsy (has 5 views so far yay!)

Corona Bottle Cap Bracelet - upcycled

A friend and I are headed to hubby's new restaurant for dinner tonight. I'm excited! My mom and I went last week for her bday and the dinner was extraordinary!

(p.s. sorry I didn't get in touch with anyone to go to lunch yet ... anyone still interested? he works saturdays too)

So the rest of my week is boring: finishing the afghan tomorrow (was supposed to do it today but I got distracted), prepping bottle caps for resining, making coffee cup holders and tawashi, and watching movies as I do it all ^_^ And somewhere in there I have to clean the house and do laundry.

So yea ... that's me in a nutshell. And I feel so much better that it's not just a pictar on the blogger.

xoxox

Labels

blog365 (347) pictures (190) crafts (81) NaBloPoMo (50) pics (48) karaoke (44) football (29) youtube (28) crochet (21) joel (20) TWITTER RECAP (19) Joe Lansdale (15) list (15) singsnap (15) magikjaz (12) bottlecaps (11) chainmaille (11) movies (11) trivia (10) quiz (9) video (7) Detroit Lions (6) Detroit Tigers (6) cats (6) Dancing with the stars (5) Red Wings (5) etsy (5) meme (4) Audio blog (3) PTK (3) TV (3) Thanksgiving (3) Velisia (3) food (3) jazblopomo (3) kaguya (3) music (3) myspace (3) tim curry (3) Ava (2) BC (2) Grease (2) NAIAS (2) Salem (2) Spirit of Detroit (2) american Idol (2) banshee (2) beer (2) concert (2) detroit red wings (2) dreams (2) funny (2) jewelry (2) kevin (2) mozart (2) oscars (2) poetry (2) police (2) puters (2) sick (2) singing (2) stanley cup (2) t'hy'la (2) tenacious D (2) utterz (2) wedding (2) wordpress (2) DST (1) Detroit (1) Detroit Pistons (1) Jose (1) Lindsey Lohan (1) Mama (1) Maya Angelou (1) NKOTB (1) NOLA (1) NWA (1) NYC (1) QVC (1) RUSH (1) Tigers (1) Toy Box (1) american band (1) art (1) bday (1) blogger play (1) camera (1) car (1) chicano (1) china (1) dally in the alley (1) depression (1) edward james olmos (1) facebook (1) family (1) fish (1) flock (1) fug (1) funny or die (1) gaiaonine (1) gofugyourself (1) guya (1) halcyontears (1) haunted (1) high school (1) jeopardy (1) jerry o'connell (1) jersey (1) july (1) kohana (1) laptop (1) latino (1) left handers day (1) link (1) menewsha (1) mexican (1) mischa barton (1) mobile (1) mobile blog (1) murder (1) neopets (1) news (1) party (1) phenomenal (1) photobucket (1) picture (1) plane crash (1) politics (1) poll (1) problems (1) pt cruiser (1) rainbow (1) recipe (1) show (1) smartcar (1) snopes (1) star trek (1) star wars (1) stolen (1) super secret blog project (1) sushi (1) test (1) the bloggess (1) toy (1) u of m (1) ugly betty (1) websites (1) williamson (1) work (1) zantarni (1) zombies (1)