Pages

11/26/07

The NExt Great American Band

Okay ... I"m seriously addicted to this show. I watch it every week. I was pretty pissed 2 weeks ago when Franklin Bridge was eliminated. They were phenomenal, but they did do a crappy cover so it's understandable they were eliminated.



This week they got rid of Cliff Wagner and the Old No. 7, which, altho I really liked them, they were bluegrass and prolly not as marketable or versatile as some of the other bands (i LOVE bluegrass...and I loved them...I added one of their songs to my profile)



So this past Friday night they all did covers of Rolling Stones songs. I'm not a Stones fan. I think there are maybe a handful of songs of theirs that I like ... "jumping Jack Flash", "Sympathy for the Devil", "Angie", "shattered" ... but I had to share this amazing version of "Gimme Shelter" by the Clark Brothers.



I absolutely totally dig the Clark Brothers. They have so much talent and they're such good role models. And this version of this song gave me goosebumps when I heard it. The way this song started so soft and intense and then just built to an explosion was phenomenal imho.

In case you aren't familiar with the original (which I'm sure almost everyone is):



And for the record, I'm PRAYING that Dot Dot Dot leave this week. They piss me off and they did an ultimate craptastic version of Rolling Stones "Let's Spend the Night Together" (warning ... if you watch this video you may want to shoot yourself or the screen or both ... I'm just including it cuz you need to see how craptastic they were if you can handle it)

Labels

blog365 (347) pictures (190) crafts (81) NaBloPoMo (50) pics (48) karaoke (44) football (29) youtube (28) crochet (21) joel (20) TWITTER RECAP (19) Joe Lansdale (15) list (15) singsnap (15) magikjaz (12) bottlecaps (11) chainmaille (11) movies (11) trivia (10) quiz (9) video (7) Detroit Lions (6) Detroit Tigers (6) cats (6) Dancing with the stars (5) Red Wings (5) etsy (5) meme (4) Audio blog (3) PTK (3) TV (3) Thanksgiving (3) Velisia (3) food (3) jazblopomo (3) kaguya (3) music (3) myspace (3) tim curry (3) Ava (2) BC (2) Grease (2) NAIAS (2) Salem (2) Spirit of Detroit (2) american Idol (2) banshee (2) beer (2) concert (2) detroit red wings (2) dreams (2) funny (2) jewelry (2) kevin (2) mozart (2) oscars (2) poetry (2) police (2) puters (2) sick (2) singing (2) stanley cup (2) t'hy'la (2) tenacious D (2) utterz (2) wedding (2) wordpress (2) DST (1) Detroit (1) Detroit Pistons (1) Jose (1) Lindsey Lohan (1) Mama (1) Maya Angelou (1) NKOTB (1) NOLA (1) NWA (1) NYC (1) QVC (1) RUSH (1) Tigers (1) Toy Box (1) american band (1) art (1) bday (1) blogger play (1) camera (1) car (1) chicano (1) china (1) dally in the alley (1) depression (1) edward james olmos (1) facebook (1) family (1) fish (1) flock (1) fug (1) funny or die (1) gaiaonine (1) gofugyourself (1) guya (1) halcyontears (1) haunted (1) high school (1) jeopardy (1) jerry o'connell (1) jersey (1) july (1) kohana (1) laptop (1) latino (1) left handers day (1) link (1) menewsha (1) mexican (1) mischa barton (1) mobile (1) mobile blog (1) murder (1) neopets (1) news (1) party (1) phenomenal (1) photobucket (1) picture (1) plane crash (1) politics (1) poll (1) problems (1) pt cruiser (1) rainbow (1) recipe (1) show (1) smartcar (1) snopes (1) star trek (1) star wars (1) stolen (1) super secret blog project (1) sushi (1) test (1) the bloggess (1) toy (1) u of m (1) ugly betty (1) websites (1) williamson (1) work (1) zantarni (1) zombies (1)