Pages

11/10/05

So you don't think it's all about crocheting lol

Let's fill you in on my life.

A week and a half ago was my bday. 33. I'm getting old. I ended up having to work that night. Okay i didn't "end up" having to work...i volunteered. It was the Livonia Elk's halloween party. Supposed to be a great time. Well, Kevin picked me up from home, we drove to the corner store to pick up smokes and pumpkin seeds, and as we were leaving the car died. The transmission went. We couldn't go in drive or reverse. We were stuck. So we pushed the car to a side street and I called Paul to let him know what was going on. He came and picked us up and took us there. I did the job and they reassured me someone would take us home so we wouldn't need to get a cab. Well...everyone that had offered got drunk and left before the show ended so we got stuck taking a $20 cab home anyway...plus spending $15 for drinks that night...I made a grand total of $15...which I'm sure we spent in smokes that night and the next lol.

So the next morning I wake up to someone pounding on the door. Being the mexican-american that I am, i sneak downstairs and peek thru the crack in the door to see if i can determine who it is without them seeing me. I can't so i go back upstairs without knowing who it was. Turns out it was a cop. They came back by a couple hours later to let us know that the veterinarian by where we parked our car wasn't happy and wanted our car towed, but he just stickered it and said if it wasn't moved by monday he'd tow it, then came over to our house to tell us! How awesome is that? If it was in Wyandotte you KNOW it would have been towed and we wouldn't have known until we went to pick it up!

So Kevin talked to his brother Joey about buying his Pontiac as a 2nd car (a primary car until we got the dodge fixed) and he agreed to take payments but he wouldn't bring it out until Sunday, so we rented a car for the weekend from Enterprise.

So that night i worked again. A Halloween party in BFE Belleville. They ranged from about 23-27 in age and their main concern was getting drunk that night. Eventually I just had them tell me what songs they wanted to sing and I looked them up and wrote them down for them. I doubt they could even read they drank so much. I wanted to get out of there @1am (which was what they booked us for) so we could maybe grab a last call @ the local watering hole, but they decided they wanted another hour. So after consulting with Paul (he left the decision up to me since I was breaking it down) I decided to go ahead and do it. I was only gonna get $15 more (i get $15/hour for private parties) but after they took up a collection of everyone there...plus the tip they gave me for the whole night...i wound up with over $100 for one hour of work!!!! Hopefully they'll have us back next year ;-)

Sunday Oct 30th was my bday party here @ the house. Nothing big just burgers & hotdogs and football. OH! And hurricanes. We ordered hurricane mix from Pay O' Briens in NOLA! It was awesome! The Lions lost (big surprise) but we had so much fun! We had a bonfire later on at night and Joel came to the party and I hadn't seen him in so long it was great! Kevin passed out after having too many hurricanes at around 9PM...he slept straight thru until almost 2PM the next day!

Kevin's brother Joey brought his Pontiac Sunday and Monday we went to the Dodge dealership to see if a recall had caused this trans problem. They said no. So kevin called some auto shops to make sure, then he finally made a deal with the financing company for them to finance it and tack it onto our payments (since we still owe a year) He threatened to not make payments otherwise. What were they gonna do? Take the car? Be my guest!

Nothing too exciting this past week until Friday. (oh and the dentist on thursday, but you know all about that) Paul is having me work 3 weeks @ o'tee's in Romulus and my first night was last friday. My mom took me to dinner @ some new itelian place in Wyane called "johnny Carino's" it was really good! After she took me to work where Paul showed me how to set up and everything. It was going great until someone said something to my cousin that Joe didn't like then words were spoken and finally Joe was banned from the bar. I must have apologized a gazillion times for him. I was so pissed. I'll explain tomorrow what actually happened. Luckily they were cool and let me still work there. Saturday there was BUSY!!! I haven't had a huge rotation like that in YEARS!! At the end of the night as I put everything away, Paul told me that people were singing my praises and that they thought I did a great job hosting *YAY* I mean, I've been doing it for almost 9 years now, but it's nice to hear ;-)

Sunday Kevin's friend Kevin came over for football and we had a great time. Lions lost (again) nothing much else to say lol

My teeth have been killing me since the dentist I've been popping so many pills. Only 4 more days to go tho. I've been good and brushing them 2 and 3 times a day and flossing too. I'm gonna do my best to keep the teeth I can.

Okay I think that's pretty much it. I gotta work tomorrow a private party in Lincoln Park then off to O'Tee's to finish out the night and Sat is O'Tee's again. This extra money is really coming in handy. I need to go job hunting monday tho. Just 20 hours a week @ Mickey D's and I'll be happy, I can walk there if i have to.

KK, time for a nap. I'm so tired and I've done nothing all day lol *hugs*

Labels

blog365 (347) pictures (190) crafts (81) NaBloPoMo (50) pics (48) karaoke (44) football (29) youtube (28) crochet (21) joel (20) TWITTER RECAP (19) Joe Lansdale (15) list (15) singsnap (15) magikjaz (12) bottlecaps (11) chainmaille (11) movies (11) trivia (10) quiz (9) video (7) Detroit Lions (6) Detroit Tigers (6) cats (6) Dancing with the stars (5) Red Wings (5) etsy (5) meme (4) Audio blog (3) PTK (3) TV (3) Thanksgiving (3) Velisia (3) food (3) jazblopomo (3) kaguya (3) music (3) myspace (3) tim curry (3) Ava (2) BC (2) Grease (2) NAIAS (2) Salem (2) Spirit of Detroit (2) american Idol (2) banshee (2) beer (2) concert (2) detroit red wings (2) dreams (2) funny (2) jewelry (2) kevin (2) mozart (2) oscars (2) poetry (2) police (2) puters (2) sick (2) singing (2) stanley cup (2) t'hy'la (2) tenacious D (2) utterz (2) wedding (2) wordpress (2) DST (1) Detroit (1) Detroit Pistons (1) Jose (1) Lindsey Lohan (1) Mama (1) Maya Angelou (1) NKOTB (1) NOLA (1) NWA (1) NYC (1) QVC (1) RUSH (1) Tigers (1) Toy Box (1) american band (1) art (1) bday (1) blogger play (1) camera (1) car (1) chicano (1) china (1) dally in the alley (1) depression (1) edward james olmos (1) facebook (1) family (1) fish (1) flock (1) fug (1) funny or die (1) gaiaonine (1) gofugyourself (1) guya (1) halcyontears (1) haunted (1) high school (1) jeopardy (1) jerry o'connell (1) jersey (1) july (1) kohana (1) laptop (1) latino (1) left handers day (1) link (1) menewsha (1) mexican (1) mischa barton (1) mobile (1) mobile blog (1) murder (1) neopets (1) news (1) party (1) phenomenal (1) photobucket (1) picture (1) plane crash (1) politics (1) poll (1) problems (1) pt cruiser (1) rainbow (1) recipe (1) show (1) smartcar (1) snopes (1) star trek (1) star wars (1) stolen (1) super secret blog project (1) sushi (1) test (1) the bloggess (1) toy (1) u of m (1) ugly betty (1) websites (1) williamson (1) work (1) zantarni (1) zombies (1)