Pages

11/19/03

i just had a frustrating discussion with my mother. She drives me crazy. I made the mistake of mentioning the whole Eminem thing to her and then she goes off on this rant that "THEY' can say whatever they want and no one can do anything about it. That "THEY" are more racist than anyone could even be. That she is surrounded by "THEM" and she knows what it feels like to be looked at differently simply because she's a different color. That "THEY" don't like her strictly based on her color and the way she looks. That "THEY" talk about her and others that aren't "THEY". That I don't know how it feels cuz I've never been in that situation. I've never been looked at differently or not talked to simply because of the way i look. Ummm ... HELLO!!! Look where i grew up and I still currently live. You know what my first memory of Wyandotteis? Some big kids coming into my backyard when we had first moved here and I was playing on my swingset. They bullied me and pushed me off and called me chink and jap and made fun of me. I didn't know what to do. I was like 5! I didn't get my mom or my dad... they just said these hurtful things and made fun of me and played on MY swingset until they got tired of it and left. Or one of my lasting memories of Yale? This guy who was a LAW student there wouldn't talk to me or anyone who was with me because I was "white"

Labels

blog365 (347) pictures (190) crafts (81) NaBloPoMo (50) pics (48) karaoke (44) football (29) youtube (28) crochet (21) joel (20) TWITTER RECAP (19) Joe Lansdale (15) list (15) singsnap (15) magikjaz (12) bottlecaps (11) chainmaille (11) movies (11) trivia (10) quiz (9) video (7) Detroit Lions (6) Detroit Tigers (6) cats (6) Dancing with the stars (5) Red Wings (5) etsy (5) meme (4) Audio blog (3) PTK (3) TV (3) Thanksgiving (3) Velisia (3) food (3) jazblopomo (3) kaguya (3) music (3) myspace (3) tim curry (3) Ava (2) BC (2) Grease (2) NAIAS (2) Salem (2) Spirit of Detroit (2) american Idol (2) banshee (2) beer (2) concert (2) detroit red wings (2) dreams (2) funny (2) jewelry (2) kevin (2) mozart (2) oscars (2) poetry (2) police (2) puters (2) sick (2) singing (2) stanley cup (2) t'hy'la (2) tenacious D (2) utterz (2) wedding (2) wordpress (2) DST (1) Detroit (1) Detroit Pistons (1) Jose (1) Lindsey Lohan (1) Mama (1) Maya Angelou (1) NKOTB (1) NOLA (1) NWA (1) NYC (1) QVC (1) RUSH (1) Tigers (1) Toy Box (1) american band (1) art (1) bday (1) blogger play (1) camera (1) car (1) chicano (1) china (1) dally in the alley (1) depression (1) edward james olmos (1) facebook (1) family (1) fish (1) flock (1) fug (1) funny or die (1) gaiaonine (1) gofugyourself (1) guya (1) halcyontears (1) haunted (1) high school (1) jeopardy (1) jerry o'connell (1) jersey (1) july (1) kohana (1) laptop (1) latino (1) left handers day (1) link (1) menewsha (1) mexican (1) mischa barton (1) mobile (1) mobile blog (1) murder (1) neopets (1) news (1) party (1) phenomenal (1) photobucket (1) picture (1) plane crash (1) politics (1) poll (1) problems (1) pt cruiser (1) rainbow (1) recipe (1) show (1) smartcar (1) snopes (1) star trek (1) star wars (1) stolen (1) super secret blog project (1) sushi (1) test (1) the bloggess (1) toy (1) u of m (1) ugly betty (1) websites (1) williamson (1) work (1) zantarni (1) zombies (1)