Pages

1/4/13

Dental drama

So, I don't know why my teeth always pick this time of year to act up, but they do.

on Monday make it started to hurt. I took some pain pills in hopes that it would get better, but it didn't. by Wednesday my mouth had swollen in one area and I was running a slight fever. I scoured the apt. and found a bottle containing 4 antibiotic pills I hadn't taken a couple months ago. I took them (as prescribed) and called the dentist. They refused to call in any type of prescription without seeing me first, but the next available appt wasn't until Friday (today).

Luckily I had those pills. turns out I had an abscess and the dentist did a root canal on me today. He also pulled out a broken tooth next to the infected one. The entire procedure didn't hurt at all and the dentist prescribed Motrin and antibiotics. However, about 5 minutes after leaving the office I had so much pain I couldn't think straight. Hubby and I were supposed to run errands, but instead came straight home and I took a pain pill while he went to fill my prescriptions.

After about 2 hours everything finally kicked in and I was able to take a short nap. Felt a billion times better when I awoke. I can still feel a slight infection, but i'm sure that will be gone in a couple days.

I really can't wait until all this tooth stuff is done. I still need a couple cavities filled, 2 more root canals and at least
1 more tooth pulled before I can start working towards getting my smile back. I cannot wait.

Xox

Labels

blog365 (347) pictures (190) crafts (81) NaBloPoMo (50) pics (48) karaoke (44) football (29) youtube (28) crochet (21) joel (20) TWITTER RECAP (19) Joe Lansdale (15) list (15) singsnap (15) magikjaz (12) bottlecaps (11) chainmaille (11) movies (11) trivia (10) quiz (9) video (7) Detroit Lions (6) Detroit Tigers (6) cats (6) Dancing with the stars (5) Red Wings (5) etsy (5) meme (4) Audio blog (3) PTK (3) TV (3) Thanksgiving (3) Velisia (3) food (3) jazblopomo (3) kaguya (3) music (3) myspace (3) tim curry (3) Ava (2) BC (2) Grease (2) NAIAS (2) Salem (2) Spirit of Detroit (2) american Idol (2) banshee (2) beer (2) concert (2) detroit red wings (2) dreams (2) funny (2) jewelry (2) kevin (2) mozart (2) oscars (2) poetry (2) police (2) puters (2) sick (2) singing (2) stanley cup (2) t'hy'la (2) tenacious D (2) utterz (2) wedding (2) wordpress (2) DST (1) Detroit (1) Detroit Pistons (1) Jose (1) Lindsey Lohan (1) Mama (1) Maya Angelou (1) NKOTB (1) NOLA (1) NWA (1) NYC (1) QVC (1) RUSH (1) Tigers (1) Toy Box (1) american band (1) art (1) bday (1) blogger play (1) camera (1) car (1) chicano (1) china (1) dally in the alley (1) depression (1) edward james olmos (1) facebook (1) family (1) fish (1) flock (1) fug (1) funny or die (1) gaiaonine (1) gofugyourself (1) guya (1) halcyontears (1) haunted (1) high school (1) jeopardy (1) jerry o'connell (1) jersey (1) july (1) kohana (1) laptop (1) latino (1) left handers day (1) link (1) menewsha (1) mexican (1) mischa barton (1) mobile (1) mobile blog (1) murder (1) neopets (1) news (1) party (1) phenomenal (1) photobucket (1) picture (1) plane crash (1) politics (1) poll (1) problems (1) pt cruiser (1) rainbow (1) recipe (1) show (1) smartcar (1) snopes (1) star trek (1) star wars (1) stolen (1) super secret blog project (1) sushi (1) test (1) the bloggess (1) toy (1) u of m (1) ugly betty (1) websites (1) williamson (1) work (1) zantarni (1) zombies (1)