Pages

6/20/09

Quick vent

so yesterday, when i got home from frankenmuth (which was fabulous! i'll share about that later) I brought everything in the house and started putting everything away. About 30 minutes later i realized i didn't have my purse. I called my mom to discover that yes, i had left it in the car. So we coordinated efforts to try and get it back to me cuz it had all my money and my phone and other stuff that I needed inside.

I ended up calling my t'hy'la who was gonna come up and see me later in the evening and he said he was willing to go by mom mom's and get it. So i called her. And called her. And called her. And she never answered her phone. (it's a cell phone - i know she has it with her - she answered it all the time all week in Frankenmuth)

So i decided to take a short nap and call her when i got up, since it was gonna be awhile before my t'hy'la got to her house anyway.

When i woke up there were 2 messages from her on my voice mail. the last one stated that she was going to my brother's house to visit with them and my niece, Ava, and that i should call her to let her know if my t'hy'la was gonna be on his way to her house. So i did. 4 times in a row. And she never answered.

So finally i called my brother's house (which i had to find via the interwebz cuz i didn't have my cell phone - it was in my purse) and I chatted with him for awhile and I could hear my mom in the background playing with Ava. That's awesome, but why the hell didn't she answer her phone.

So i tried once more to call her, again with no answer, and finally called my t'hy'la to tell him to go over there. Luckily he's awesome and didn't mind the delay or detour. (he got the purse & came over to the house and we went out for dinner and had a great time!)

So about 30 minutes ago my mom calls me and proceeds to tell me some random story about my niece and how it shows she's like me and i ask her why she didn't answer her phone last night when i was calling her. When she knew i was gonna be calling her and it was important to talk to her. Her response? She was too busy with Ava and ignored her phone while she was there. And when i pressed her on it (cuz she TOLD me in her message to call her and let her know what was going on) she said she was letting me go and said goodbye.

Now seriously, i'm not saying that you should be a slave to your cell phone or anything, but when you KNOW someone is going to be calling you for a specific purpose and you ignore your phone ringing -especially when it rings 5 times in a row from the same person - maybe you should take 2 minutes and answer the damn thing.

Labels

blog365 (347) pictures (190) crafts (81) NaBloPoMo (50) pics (48) karaoke (44) football (29) youtube (28) crochet (21) joel (20) TWITTER RECAP (19) Joe Lansdale (15) list (15) singsnap (15) magikjaz (12) bottlecaps (11) chainmaille (11) movies (11) trivia (10) quiz (9) video (7) Detroit Lions (6) Detroit Tigers (6) cats (6) Dancing with the stars (5) Red Wings (5) etsy (5) meme (4) Audio blog (3) PTK (3) TV (3) Thanksgiving (3) Velisia (3) food (3) jazblopomo (3) kaguya (3) music (3) myspace (3) tim curry (3) Ava (2) BC (2) Grease (2) NAIAS (2) Salem (2) Spirit of Detroit (2) american Idol (2) banshee (2) beer (2) concert (2) detroit red wings (2) dreams (2) funny (2) jewelry (2) kevin (2) mozart (2) oscars (2) poetry (2) police (2) puters (2) sick (2) singing (2) stanley cup (2) t'hy'la (2) tenacious D (2) utterz (2) wedding (2) wordpress (2) DST (1) Detroit (1) Detroit Pistons (1) Jose (1) Lindsey Lohan (1) Mama (1) Maya Angelou (1) NKOTB (1) NOLA (1) NWA (1) NYC (1) QVC (1) RUSH (1) Tigers (1) Toy Box (1) american band (1) art (1) bday (1) blogger play (1) camera (1) car (1) chicano (1) china (1) dally in the alley (1) depression (1) edward james olmos (1) facebook (1) family (1) fish (1) flock (1) fug (1) funny or die (1) gaiaonine (1) gofugyourself (1) guya (1) halcyontears (1) haunted (1) high school (1) jeopardy (1) jerry o'connell (1) jersey (1) july (1) kohana (1) laptop (1) latino (1) left handers day (1) link (1) menewsha (1) mexican (1) mischa barton (1) mobile (1) mobile blog (1) murder (1) neopets (1) news (1) party (1) phenomenal (1) photobucket (1) picture (1) plane crash (1) politics (1) poll (1) problems (1) pt cruiser (1) rainbow (1) recipe (1) show (1) smartcar (1) snopes (1) star trek (1) star wars (1) stolen (1) super secret blog project (1) sushi (1) test (1) the bloggess (1) toy (1) u of m (1) ugly betty (1) websites (1) williamson (1) work (1) zantarni (1) zombies (1)