Pages

11/1/08

November is going to be all about me

Happy NaBloPoMo (or NaNoWriMo) and welcome to the blogging insanity if you are participating. As I've been trying to do Blog365 this month should be fairly easy ... December will be a doozie tho ... and I don't think I've quite found my voice with all the blogging, but it has been an adventure.

Anyway, I have decided that November is all about me. Cuz I have all these stories that I've shared in one form or another with people but sometimes I can't remember who I've told what. So now I'm getting it (mostly) all out there.

Plus there are things I haven't told anyone (or very few) that deserve to be shared as well. After all, it's all these things that make me who I am. And, for the most part, I like who I am.

So here are some simple facts about me.

  • My name is Jazmyn .... but originally it was Jennifer. I changed it Dec. 12th, 1989 ... causing much panic and havoc in my life and the lives of others.

  • I'm a 36 year old married home-maker ... altho my home desperately needs someone more capable than me to take care of it because ...

  • I DESPISE domestic chores!!! DESPISE THEM!!!! If you ever want to feel good about yourself come on over to my house and you'll crown yourself a domestic goddess. I'm quite sure of it.

  • My biological father and my dad that raised me are not the same person. I differentiate them even when i speak. father = Rick ... Dad = Bob (my dad)

  • I have a younger brother and a younger sister that I was raised with. I love them with all of my heart and would willingly lay down my life for them. I also have many half siblings from my biological father. I keep in (semi) touch with my sister Roxanne (who is a friend on myspace) and I love her immensely even if I don't always let her know.

  • I am extremely proud of my Latino heritage.

  • I am an avid Detroit Sports fan. I love my Lions, Wings, Tigers and Pistons. Even when they lose. (which is more often than not for my poor Lions)

  • Altho I haven't played in years, I have played piano since I was around 8 years old. My mom still has the piano that she bought me way back when in her basement. It desperately needs tuning. I fiddle with it whenever I'm over.

  • I believe in ghosts and hauntings. I also believe in pixies. And UFOs. And extra-terrestrial life out there somewhere. It's hubristic to believe in all the cosmos we're the only ones around imho

  • I am terrified of pomegranates. And clowns.

  • I went to Yale University for 1 year. I couldn't afford to go any longer. It was my first choice (early decision) and I got it. I loved it and wouldn't trade it for anything. I was going to major in Theatre Studies.

  • I am horrible at staying in touch with people. I try to get better at it, but even with all the stuff on myspace and facebook I'm lucky if I poke someone once in awhile. I feel badly about this and I'm trying to change.

  • I have a missing front tooth and have gained a considerable amount of weight in the last 10 years of so. This makes me have self-image issues. Which is why you will very rarely see full length pictars of me or ones of me smiling. I'm too self-conscious

  • I have an etsy shop (shameless plug)

  • One of my favorite things to make is a fake spaghetti carbonara using pork ramen. It's seriously DELISH!!!

  • I am the person my family calls when they need to know an answer to something.

  • Chances are, if I'm hanging out with you, almost everything you say reminds me of a song lyric or a movie quote.


I think that does it for the time being. I am looking forward to sharing stories about myself and my life (and also extremely terrified)


Here's hoping for an awesome NaBloPoMo!!!

xoxox






p.s. in case you were wondering about the car fiasco ... we bought the Toyota from craigslist. It needed a little more work than we thought but it still came in under $700. It a cute car. Still needs a couple more tweaks, but it cost $20 to fill the tank last night which excited hubby! (of course the dropping gas prices helped too)

I still haven't talked to anyone in his family and prolly never will. He's taken to talking to his brother again about once a week. I miss my nephews but life goes on.

Labels

blog365 (347) pictures (190) crafts (81) NaBloPoMo (50) pics (48) karaoke (44) football (29) youtube (28) crochet (21) joel (20) TWITTER RECAP (19) Joe Lansdale (15) list (15) singsnap (15) magikjaz (12) bottlecaps (11) chainmaille (11) movies (11) trivia (10) quiz (9) video (7) Detroit Lions (6) Detroit Tigers (6) cats (6) Dancing with the stars (5) Red Wings (5) etsy (5) meme (4) Audio blog (3) PTK (3) TV (3) Thanksgiving (3) Velisia (3) food (3) jazblopomo (3) kaguya (3) music (3) myspace (3) tim curry (3) Ava (2) BC (2) Grease (2) NAIAS (2) Salem (2) Spirit of Detroit (2) american Idol (2) banshee (2) beer (2) concert (2) detroit red wings (2) dreams (2) funny (2) jewelry (2) kevin (2) mozart (2) oscars (2) poetry (2) police (2) puters (2) sick (2) singing (2) stanley cup (2) t'hy'la (2) tenacious D (2) utterz (2) wedding (2) wordpress (2) DST (1) Detroit (1) Detroit Pistons (1) Jose (1) Lindsey Lohan (1) Mama (1) Maya Angelou (1) NKOTB (1) NOLA (1) NWA (1) NYC (1) QVC (1) RUSH (1) Tigers (1) Toy Box (1) american band (1) art (1) bday (1) blogger play (1) camera (1) car (1) chicano (1) china (1) dally in the alley (1) depression (1) edward james olmos (1) facebook (1) family (1) fish (1) flock (1) fug (1) funny or die (1) gaiaonine (1) gofugyourself (1) guya (1) halcyontears (1) haunted (1) high school (1) jeopardy (1) jerry o'connell (1) jersey (1) july (1) kohana (1) laptop (1) latino (1) left handers day (1) link (1) menewsha (1) mexican (1) mischa barton (1) mobile (1) mobile blog (1) murder (1) neopets (1) news (1) party (1) phenomenal (1) photobucket (1) picture (1) plane crash (1) politics (1) poll (1) problems (1) pt cruiser (1) rainbow (1) recipe (1) show (1) smartcar (1) snopes (1) star trek (1) star wars (1) stolen (1) super secret blog project (1) sushi (1) test (1) the bloggess (1) toy (1) u of m (1) ugly betty (1) websites (1) williamson (1) work (1) zantarni (1) zombies (1)