Pages

11/18/08

crafty stuff again

I still don't know what i've decided to concentrate on (and monica you didn't help by offering ANOTHER craft i could easily get sucked into)

So I think I'm gonna work next year on afghans and scarves with graphics/letters in them. Cuz I love doing them and people think they're cool.

I would also like to expand the bottlecaps into charm bracelets (didn't think of that before!...just gotta get some chain) and eventually also offer beaded versions of the necklaces at a higher price (as soon as I get some beads and stuff I'll make a prototype to show you)
br>I also need to get my bracelets listed on etsy and figure out a way to make the picture caps into earrings that don't flip around.

Also saw bottlecap coasters today on etsy ... they were jumpringed together and they had put cork on the bottoms so they didn't scratch surfaces.

currently however I'm taking a break from new endeavours and working on a couple scarves I have been commissioned to do and a set of acrylic tawashi which really need to be finished this week. Then I think I'm gonna invest in making another american flag afghan for another show coming up (the show i just did offered me a table for free at their upcoming santa's workshop thingy ... i' may take them up on it if I can get there)

I also really like the spa idea ... but I may save that for next year. I've got a couple leads on farmers markets ... including Redford....that I might do well with that there. Plus I only have jasmine essential oil right now. I might want to expand that a bit lol. And I'm thinking when i do it to make them be a combo of: a jar of bath salts, a couple bath bombs, a loofah soap, a plain soap, a soap saver (which is a crocheted mesh pocket you can put your soap in) and a washcloth (which would be in coordinating colours ... purple for lavendar ... yellow for jasmine ... pink-ish for rose ....etc) and I can buy baskets and arrange them in those. I still have to find jars/wrapping to package the stuff in and figure out how to seal the soaps (i've heard you can use a soldering gun to seal plastic and make it air tight)

so after the holiday I'm sure I'll be working on that idea.

Labels

blog365 (347) pictures (190) crafts (81) NaBloPoMo (50) pics (48) karaoke (44) football (29) youtube (28) crochet (21) joel (20) TWITTER RECAP (19) Joe Lansdale (15) list (15) singsnap (15) magikjaz (12) bottlecaps (11) chainmaille (11) movies (11) trivia (10) quiz (9) video (7) Detroit Lions (6) Detroit Tigers (6) cats (6) Dancing with the stars (5) Red Wings (5) etsy (5) meme (4) Audio blog (3) PTK (3) TV (3) Thanksgiving (3) Velisia (3) food (3) jazblopomo (3) kaguya (3) music (3) myspace (3) tim curry (3) Ava (2) BC (2) Grease (2) NAIAS (2) Salem (2) Spirit of Detroit (2) american Idol (2) banshee (2) beer (2) concert (2) detroit red wings (2) dreams (2) funny (2) jewelry (2) kevin (2) mozart (2) oscars (2) poetry (2) police (2) puters (2) sick (2) singing (2) stanley cup (2) t'hy'la (2) tenacious D (2) utterz (2) wedding (2) wordpress (2) DST (1) Detroit (1) Detroit Pistons (1) Jose (1) Lindsey Lohan (1) Mama (1) Maya Angelou (1) NKOTB (1) NOLA (1) NWA (1) NYC (1) QVC (1) RUSH (1) Tigers (1) Toy Box (1) american band (1) art (1) bday (1) blogger play (1) camera (1) car (1) chicano (1) china (1) dally in the alley (1) depression (1) edward james olmos (1) facebook (1) family (1) fish (1) flock (1) fug (1) funny or die (1) gaiaonine (1) gofugyourself (1) guya (1) halcyontears (1) haunted (1) high school (1) jeopardy (1) jerry o'connell (1) jersey (1) july (1) kohana (1) laptop (1) latino (1) left handers day (1) link (1) menewsha (1) mexican (1) mischa barton (1) mobile (1) mobile blog (1) murder (1) neopets (1) news (1) party (1) phenomenal (1) photobucket (1) picture (1) plane crash (1) politics (1) poll (1) problems (1) pt cruiser (1) rainbow (1) recipe (1) show (1) smartcar (1) snopes (1) star trek (1) star wars (1) stolen (1) super secret blog project (1) sushi (1) test (1) the bloggess (1) toy (1) u of m (1) ugly betty (1) websites (1) williamson (1) work (1) zantarni (1) zombies (1)