Pages

5/31/08

YAY! I got my yarn!!!

I had to break down and order yarn online for the afghan commission. it arrived today! I'm so excited! The color is actually alot prettier than I thought it would be. I can see why she picked it. So I'm gonna be very busy over the next week or so crocheting as much as I can.

I also have been working on those bottlecaps. I think I have stuff figured out. Through this process I have to say that my hubby has been amazing. He's reminded me that when I started crocheting it took alot of trial and error and much practice. I didn't just pick up a hook and yarn and become an expert all at once. I seem to have forgotten that part lol. All I know is how easy it is now.

So while ironing out the bottlecaps is a little frustrating for me, he has all the faith in the world that I can figure things out. I feel like a failure right now and I feel like I'm wasting "product" but hubby isn't worried. He says it a small investment that will eventually pay off. And if I enjoy doing it that is the most important part. And he is so right.

I do have plans to chronicle my trial and error in this thing tho cuz all the sites I've come across talking about this stuff make it sound so easy. And I am sure it will be once I figure out the formula. But right now it's not so easy.

So I'm taking a break from bottlecaps for today and doing a little crocheting after i make something to eat and do a little house cleaning (gotta replace the belt on the vacuum ... been a couple days and the carpet is NASTY!!)

xoxox

Labels

blog365 (347) pictures (190) crafts (81) NaBloPoMo (50) pics (48) karaoke (44) football (29) youtube (28) crochet (21) joel (20) TWITTER RECAP (19) Joe Lansdale (15) list (15) singsnap (15) magikjaz (12) bottlecaps (11) chainmaille (11) movies (11) trivia (10) quiz (9) video (7) Detroit Lions (6) Detroit Tigers (6) cats (6) Dancing with the stars (5) Red Wings (5) etsy (5) meme (4) Audio blog (3) PTK (3) TV (3) Thanksgiving (3) Velisia (3) food (3) jazblopomo (3) kaguya (3) music (3) myspace (3) tim curry (3) Ava (2) BC (2) Grease (2) NAIAS (2) Salem (2) Spirit of Detroit (2) american Idol (2) banshee (2) beer (2) concert (2) detroit red wings (2) dreams (2) funny (2) jewelry (2) kevin (2) mozart (2) oscars (2) poetry (2) police (2) puters (2) sick (2) singing (2) stanley cup (2) t'hy'la (2) tenacious D (2) utterz (2) wedding (2) wordpress (2) DST (1) Detroit (1) Detroit Pistons (1) Jose (1) Lindsey Lohan (1) Mama (1) Maya Angelou (1) NKOTB (1) NOLA (1) NWA (1) NYC (1) QVC (1) RUSH (1) Tigers (1) Toy Box (1) american band (1) art (1) bday (1) blogger play (1) camera (1) car (1) chicano (1) china (1) dally in the alley (1) depression (1) edward james olmos (1) facebook (1) family (1) fish (1) flock (1) fug (1) funny or die (1) gaiaonine (1) gofugyourself (1) guya (1) halcyontears (1) haunted (1) high school (1) jeopardy (1) jerry o'connell (1) jersey (1) july (1) kohana (1) laptop (1) latino (1) left handers day (1) link (1) menewsha (1) mexican (1) mischa barton (1) mobile (1) mobile blog (1) murder (1) neopets (1) news (1) party (1) phenomenal (1) photobucket (1) picture (1) plane crash (1) politics (1) poll (1) problems (1) pt cruiser (1) rainbow (1) recipe (1) show (1) smartcar (1) snopes (1) star trek (1) star wars (1) stolen (1) super secret blog project (1) sushi (1) test (1) the bloggess (1) toy (1) u of m (1) ugly betty (1) websites (1) williamson (1) work (1) zantarni (1) zombies (1)