Pages

12/1/06

JazBloPoMo

That's right. I'm doing my own little "blog every day" thing over here. *raises glass* here's to trying. No guarentees I"m gonna make it....especially with the holidays coming and having to crochet until my arms fall off.

So, what do I say? Do I just keep you informed of my day to day activities (which frankly aren't that interesting) or do I give you my perspective on the world (which frankly may be too much work for me...kinda like writing an English paper) or do I give you movie reviews or do I just sit here at the puter and pray for inpiration?

Who knows. I have faith that interesting things will come to me as the days progress. And hopefully by the end of my experimental month I'll be a blogger that others may find interesting enough to read.

I still have inner turmoil about that btw. When I started blogging way back in 2002 I did it as an online journal. A place to store my thoughts and stuff. Kinda of a computerized journal. (I had kept a journal in one form or another since 1986.) I never expected people to read it. I hoped, but never thought anyone would be interested in my ramblings. The few people I shared my blog url with in the beginning mever had the time and i never saw comments back then.

It wasn't until an old friend contacted me thru a comment on my blog (which I had mixed feelings about...you know who you are...and in the end I"m so glad you did contact me...I love you!) that I realized other people could be reading my thoughts. And maybe even connecting to them. Or at the very least catching up on what I was doing with my life.

Nowadays I have 3 blogs....Myspace and Blogger (which I pretty much keep identical) and a 3rd somewhere in cyberspace that is for my eyes only. For when I have those feelings or dreams that I don't want anyone else to know about.

And now for my movie review. We bought the "Masters of Horror: Imprint" DVD awhile back. It was the one done by "Audition" director Takashi Miike. The one that was too graphic and disturbing for Showtime to air.

It took us a couple weeks after we bought it to watch it. We just had so much else going on. We finally settled down in front of our TV and popped in in our DVD player a couple days ago.

All I have to say is "EWWWWWW" I didn't think it was a disturbing as "Audition". That movie kept me away for hours afterwards. I was completely unnerved by the final scenes of that film. But it was easy to see why Showtime thought "Imprint" was too much for them to air. There were a couple scenes that, as I watched them, I think I threw up in my mouth a little. It's not as bloody or graphic as, say, Hostel or Saw (I, II, or III), but it will leave you with uneasy thoughts and images after watching. And maybe motivate you to rent one of Takashi Miike's other movies and expand your horizons a bit more.

HAPPY JAZBLOPOMO!!!

Labels

blog365 (347) pictures (190) crafts (81) NaBloPoMo (50) pics (48) karaoke (44) football (29) youtube (28) crochet (21) joel (20) TWITTER RECAP (19) Joe Lansdale (15) list (15) singsnap (15) magikjaz (12) bottlecaps (11) chainmaille (11) movies (11) trivia (10) quiz (9) video (7) Detroit Lions (6) Detroit Tigers (6) cats (6) Dancing with the stars (5) Red Wings (5) etsy (5) meme (4) Audio blog (3) PTK (3) TV (3) Thanksgiving (3) Velisia (3) food (3) jazblopomo (3) kaguya (3) music (3) myspace (3) tim curry (3) Ava (2) BC (2) Grease (2) NAIAS (2) Salem (2) Spirit of Detroit (2) american Idol (2) banshee (2) beer (2) concert (2) detroit red wings (2) dreams (2) funny (2) jewelry (2) kevin (2) mozart (2) oscars (2) poetry (2) police (2) puters (2) sick (2) singing (2) stanley cup (2) t'hy'la (2) tenacious D (2) utterz (2) wedding (2) wordpress (2) DST (1) Detroit (1) Detroit Pistons (1) Jose (1) Lindsey Lohan (1) Mama (1) Maya Angelou (1) NKOTB (1) NOLA (1) NWA (1) NYC (1) QVC (1) RUSH (1) Tigers (1) Toy Box (1) american band (1) art (1) bday (1) blogger play (1) camera (1) car (1) chicano (1) china (1) dally in the alley (1) depression (1) edward james olmos (1) facebook (1) family (1) fish (1) flock (1) fug (1) funny or die (1) gaiaonine (1) gofugyourself (1) guya (1) halcyontears (1) haunted (1) high school (1) jeopardy (1) jerry o'connell (1) jersey (1) july (1) kohana (1) laptop (1) latino (1) left handers day (1) link (1) menewsha (1) mexican (1) mischa barton (1) mobile (1) mobile blog (1) murder (1) neopets (1) news (1) party (1) phenomenal (1) photobucket (1) picture (1) plane crash (1) politics (1) poll (1) problems (1) pt cruiser (1) rainbow (1) recipe (1) show (1) smartcar (1) snopes (1) star trek (1) star wars (1) stolen (1) super secret blog project (1) sushi (1) test (1) the bloggess (1) toy (1) u of m (1) ugly betty (1) websites (1) williamson (1) work (1) zantarni (1) zombies (1)