Pages

12/6/06

I got to meet my neice today!

And she is a beauty! I didn't take any pictures of her cuz my camera still isn't working properly and I don't have a replacement, but I got to visit with her for a whole hour tonight and hold her almost the entire time.

My brother and sister in law are so exhausted! Ava is only sleeping about an hour at a time so they've only been getting catnaps. Jen's been letting Bob get a little more sleep since she holds the food (they're breastfeeding) but not much more. Yesterday was the first time that Ava slept for 4 hours straight .. which was like an early xmas present for Jen lol.

They were telling me the horrible nurse stories from the hospital. Apparently one of the nurses took it upon herself to feed Ava with iron based formula after she took Ava for some tests ... w/o knowledge or consent from Bob or Jen. The nurse told them that Ava wasn't being fed and she looked pale and basically that Jen was a bad mom so that's why she did it. Well, after Ava had the formula she was constipated for almost 24 hours and didn't urinate for around 12. She was crying (because of the pain we're assuming) and her tummy was swollen until she did have a bowel movement.

See, Jen is a vegan. She doesn't eat any animal products and thusly Ava hasn't eaten any herself. So feeding her that formula was the equivelent of basically introducing poisons to her body. She's never had to digest animal proteins like taht before.

There was also a pediatrician that came in telling them they were bad parents essentially and she was starving her baby. That her colouring was off and she lost too much weight. Which was funny cuz the previous day a different pediatrician came in and just raved about how good Ava's colour was and that she was right on course for loss of weight (ava was born 7lbs12ozs ... she was 7lbs.5ozs at the time). Then, after basically telling Jen she was doing a lousy job, she offered to be their pediatrician. Jen said NO ... but she still gave them her card. The Audacity!

So anyway, I won't bore you with all the details. I just have to say my brother and sister in law handled it better than I would have. If I had been going off of 2 hours sleep in 48 hours with my hormones running high after having delivered a baby, who KNOWS what I would have spouted off and said! They would have been likely to call child protective services on my ass after spewing an endless fountain of obscenities.

But back to the visit. Ava was an angel. I heard thru my mom how she has a set of lungs on her and is gonna be a singer like her Aunt Jazmyn, but she slept the whole time we were there. I'm sure as soon as we left she opened her pretty eyes and wailed, but we didn't see it. Kevin held her for a little bit. He did a really good job too. Wasn't that nervous. When I held her it brought back memories of me holding my sister when she was just a baby. gave me the warm fuzzies.

It was so different seeing Ava. I mean, I thought she was adorable and loved her just from the pics I saw, but to see her in person just 3 days old and hold her tiny body. I fell instantly in love. And altho I have 3 nephews by marriage in Tyler (6), Zach (5) and Keifer (4), and I love each of them dearly (I've been with Kevin since just after Tyler was born), And my cousin Angie's son Jeremy (6) I love his to death too. He makes me very happy each time I see him. But it was so much different with Ava. She's a part of me. Some of the same blood runs thru both of our veins. There's such a stronger connection there. Just typing this is making me tear up. I love her so much and I want the world for her. Ava just wipes away any problems or issues I've ever had with my brother, my sister in law, or her family. Ava's the most important thing now.

I wish our sister lived closer so she could enjoy Ava as much as I did. She's coming back to visit on the 27th or 28th of this month, so she'll get to see her then. I called her last night to tell her that I got to meet Ava and then immediatly felt bad cuz I felt like I was bragging. I wasn't . I just wanted Velisia to share in the joy that I was feeling.

So anyway, as soon as I get some new pics you better believe proud Anut Jazmyn will be sharing them and boring the socks off everyone!

Labels

blog365 (347) pictures (190) crafts (81) NaBloPoMo (50) pics (48) karaoke (44) football (29) youtube (28) crochet (21) joel (20) TWITTER RECAP (19) Joe Lansdale (15) list (15) singsnap (15) magikjaz (12) bottlecaps (11) chainmaille (11) movies (11) trivia (10) quiz (9) video (7) Detroit Lions (6) Detroit Tigers (6) cats (6) Dancing with the stars (5) Red Wings (5) etsy (5) meme (4) Audio blog (3) PTK (3) TV (3) Thanksgiving (3) Velisia (3) food (3) jazblopomo (3) kaguya (3) music (3) myspace (3) tim curry (3) Ava (2) BC (2) Grease (2) NAIAS (2) Salem (2) Spirit of Detroit (2) american Idol (2) banshee (2) beer (2) concert (2) detroit red wings (2) dreams (2) funny (2) jewelry (2) kevin (2) mozart (2) oscars (2) poetry (2) police (2) puters (2) sick (2) singing (2) stanley cup (2) t'hy'la (2) tenacious D (2) utterz (2) wedding (2) wordpress (2) DST (1) Detroit (1) Detroit Pistons (1) Jose (1) Lindsey Lohan (1) Mama (1) Maya Angelou (1) NKOTB (1) NOLA (1) NWA (1) NYC (1) QVC (1) RUSH (1) Tigers (1) Toy Box (1) american band (1) art (1) bday (1) blogger play (1) camera (1) car (1) chicano (1) china (1) dally in the alley (1) depression (1) edward james olmos (1) facebook (1) family (1) fish (1) flock (1) fug (1) funny or die (1) gaiaonine (1) gofugyourself (1) guya (1) halcyontears (1) haunted (1) high school (1) jeopardy (1) jerry o'connell (1) jersey (1) july (1) kohana (1) laptop (1) latino (1) left handers day (1) link (1) menewsha (1) mexican (1) mischa barton (1) mobile (1) mobile blog (1) murder (1) neopets (1) news (1) party (1) phenomenal (1) photobucket (1) picture (1) plane crash (1) politics (1) poll (1) problems (1) pt cruiser (1) rainbow (1) recipe (1) show (1) smartcar (1) snopes (1) star trek (1) star wars (1) stolen (1) super secret blog project (1) sushi (1) test (1) the bloggess (1) toy (1) u of m (1) ugly betty (1) websites (1) williamson (1) work (1) zantarni (1) zombies (1)