Pages

6/13/05

Exercise day whatever...

I didn't get a chance to work out Fri, Sat or yesterday, so I did today. Man oh man! The good news is I really felt it. I turned off the A/C and I'm sweating now (yuck) but I feel good. I did 10 minutes straight. I could have probably done more, but my legs started to shake and I didn't wanna push too much.

i really need to go someplace and get weighed so I can kinda keep an eye on my progress. i'm gonna try and take small things out of my diet each week or month or something that's not completely healthy. We'll see how it goes. This week I'm gonna try pop. I don't drink that much anyway, but when I do I'll go thru like a 2 liter in a couple days. That is so not good for me. course Kevin drinks a ton more than me...but he doesn't have to worry about fitting into a strapless wedding dress 3 months from now. (when I go shopping) MEN!

fawN just gave me a good tip. It's important to have sugar in your system when you exercise or else you'll create too much lactic acid and wind up with sore muscles. You can feel it cuz then your muscles will burn (which actually happened to me in NOLA...from walking so much my calves burned like crazy the last day)

So, in other news, I booked a job today for Paul. IHR, where Kevin works, is having a company picnic Sunday, June 26th, and they wanted karaoke/DJ (last minute lol) so my name came up. I talked to Paul and we went a little cheeper than he would have normally, but if we work this job they'll be able to see how we are and it could open doors for future private gigs as well as a potential weekly job at the restaurant. I have to work on the puter and see if i can burn cuz they want clean versions of some new songs on the radio ... mostly hip hop and maybe some newer country. He said equivelent to 96.3 but I don't listen to them lol. Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

And one of the ladies at the Elks club Saturday asked for my card so she can book a Halloween party for the Fawns (ladies portion of the Elks) cuz they like me. I was happy. It's kinda nice to be appreciated. I mean I know I'm good. I've been doing it for 8 years. I learned sound from Mike Carey. I may not be uber flashy, but I know my job. I keep people happy, I'm personable and people (for the most part) like me. I also keep my rotation (for the most part...there's a couple times I got kinda drunk in the past and goofed up)

So hopefully Paul will appreciate me getting him a couple jobs. I'd do it for Jim but A) chances are any jobs I get in the future will be in the Redford/Livonia/Farmington area since that's where we're moving and B) Paul has a better selection and system. We'll see.

edit: Today was day 14!!! YAY!!!

Labels

blog365 (347) pictures (190) crafts (81) NaBloPoMo (50) pics (48) karaoke (44) football (29) youtube (28) crochet (21) joel (20) TWITTER RECAP (19) Joe Lansdale (15) list (15) singsnap (15) magikjaz (12) bottlecaps (11) chainmaille (11) movies (11) trivia (10) quiz (9) video (7) Detroit Lions (6) Detroit Tigers (6) cats (6) Dancing with the stars (5) Red Wings (5) etsy (5) meme (4) Audio blog (3) PTK (3) TV (3) Thanksgiving (3) Velisia (3) food (3) jazblopomo (3) kaguya (3) music (3) myspace (3) tim curry (3) Ava (2) BC (2) Grease (2) NAIAS (2) Salem (2) Spirit of Detroit (2) american Idol (2) banshee (2) beer (2) concert (2) detroit red wings (2) dreams (2) funny (2) jewelry (2) kevin (2) mozart (2) oscars (2) poetry (2) police (2) puters (2) sick (2) singing (2) stanley cup (2) t'hy'la (2) tenacious D (2) utterz (2) wedding (2) wordpress (2) DST (1) Detroit (1) Detroit Pistons (1) Jose (1) Lindsey Lohan (1) Mama (1) Maya Angelou (1) NKOTB (1) NOLA (1) NWA (1) NYC (1) QVC (1) RUSH (1) Tigers (1) Toy Box (1) american band (1) art (1) bday (1) blogger play (1) camera (1) car (1) chicano (1) china (1) dally in the alley (1) depression (1) edward james olmos (1) facebook (1) family (1) fish (1) flock (1) fug (1) funny or die (1) gaiaonine (1) gofugyourself (1) guya (1) halcyontears (1) haunted (1) high school (1) jeopardy (1) jerry o'connell (1) jersey (1) july (1) kohana (1) laptop (1) latino (1) left handers day (1) link (1) menewsha (1) mexican (1) mischa barton (1) mobile (1) mobile blog (1) murder (1) neopets (1) news (1) party (1) phenomenal (1) photobucket (1) picture (1) plane crash (1) politics (1) poll (1) problems (1) pt cruiser (1) rainbow (1) recipe (1) show (1) smartcar (1) snopes (1) star trek (1) star wars (1) stolen (1) super secret blog project (1) sushi (1) test (1) the bloggess (1) toy (1) u of m (1) ugly betty (1) websites (1) williamson (1) work (1) zantarni (1) zombies (1)