Pages

11/26/03

Window's to Where... (cont.)

When I finally got back to my apartment later that evening I felt drained yet exhilarated. Jen had put in a generous bid for the house on my behalf. The owner would simply have to be a fool not to accept it. I was confident that the house would soon be mine.

As I relaxed in my favorite overstuffed chair with a steaming hot cup of cocoa, the day at the house began to replay in my mind. How odd that it had been so hot when we first walked in. The caretaker had shown up almost immediately following Jen's call and, after some careful examination, had found absolutely nothing wrong. By then, of course, the house had already cooled down considerably... Once we left the attic. And how did I seem to know that the windows came from Spain? Certainly I had never seen them or anything remotely like them in my past ... And I had most definitely never been there. My fear of flying made sure of that. But the most curious was how I had reacted to being inside the house. I took another sip of my cocoa. "That house had an undeniable affect on me," I mused, "almost hypnotic."

Just then the phone rang, startling me out of my reverie. So much so i nearly spilled my drink. I looked at the clock as I set my cup on the end table. 12:03 a.m. "Who in the heck ...?" My mind raced. It couldn't be Jen. Not at this hour. Besides it was far too soon to hear anything about the house. *ring* The telephone shrieked at me. "All Right! All Right!" I said to no one. "I'm coming already! Settle down!" I made my way over to the kitchen and picked up the phone, cradling it next to my ear. "hello?" I said tentatively. Silence. I repeated myself a couple more times, but there was no response. "curious" I thought as i set the phone down.

I went into the living room, grabbed my cup, and made my way over to the sliding glass doors that led to the apartment's balcony. Staring out at the night sky, I remembered again the feeling i got standing next to those windows. Cursed or not, they were simply magnificent. I finished my drink and got ready for bed. My last thought as I drifted off to sleep was of those windows ... Soon they would be mine. How was I to know then that it was to be the other way around.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Labels

blog365 (347) pictures (190) crafts (81) NaBloPoMo (50) pics (48) karaoke (44) football (29) youtube (28) crochet (21) joel (20) TWITTER RECAP (19) Joe Lansdale (15) list (15) singsnap (15) magikjaz (12) bottlecaps (11) chainmaille (11) movies (11) trivia (10) quiz (9) video (7) Detroit Lions (6) Detroit Tigers (6) cats (6) Dancing with the stars (5) Red Wings (5) etsy (5) meme (4) Audio blog (3) PTK (3) TV (3) Thanksgiving (3) Velisia (3) food (3) jazblopomo (3) kaguya (3) music (3) myspace (3) tim curry (3) Ava (2) BC (2) Grease (2) NAIAS (2) Salem (2) Spirit of Detroit (2) american Idol (2) banshee (2) beer (2) concert (2) detroit red wings (2) dreams (2) funny (2) jewelry (2) kevin (2) mozart (2) oscars (2) poetry (2) police (2) puters (2) sick (2) singing (2) stanley cup (2) t'hy'la (2) tenacious D (2) utterz (2) wedding (2) wordpress (2) DST (1) Detroit (1) Detroit Pistons (1) Jose (1) Lindsey Lohan (1) Mama (1) Maya Angelou (1) NKOTB (1) NOLA (1) NWA (1) NYC (1) QVC (1) RUSH (1) Tigers (1) Toy Box (1) american band (1) art (1) bday (1) blogger play (1) camera (1) car (1) chicano (1) china (1) dally in the alley (1) depression (1) edward james olmos (1) facebook (1) family (1) fish (1) flock (1) fug (1) funny or die (1) gaiaonine (1) gofugyourself (1) guya (1) halcyontears (1) haunted (1) high school (1) jeopardy (1) jerry o'connell (1) jersey (1) july (1) kohana (1) laptop (1) latino (1) left handers day (1) link (1) menewsha (1) mexican (1) mischa barton (1) mobile (1) mobile blog (1) murder (1) neopets (1) news (1) party (1) phenomenal (1) photobucket (1) picture (1) plane crash (1) politics (1) poll (1) problems (1) pt cruiser (1) rainbow (1) recipe (1) show (1) smartcar (1) snopes (1) star trek (1) star wars (1) stolen (1) super secret blog project (1) sushi (1) test (1) the bloggess (1) toy (1) u of m (1) ugly betty (1) websites (1) williamson (1) work (1) zantarni (1) zombies (1)